Calander of events for national VFW copy and paste the link in your browser. https://vfworg-cdn.azureedge.net/-/media/VFWSite/Files/Media-and-Events/Events/VFW-Planning-Calendar.pdf?v=1&d=20220405T211139Z
Please watch our calendar for upcoming parades in Scott Fayette, or Jessamine counties, that we are participating in. So you and your family may attend and March with us.
Another successful run/walk this year! We will be looking forward to next summer when sign ups again come out.
Check out our resources tab for short historyâ€™s on each branches inception.
Kim Fultz, is our community service coordinator. If you have an event or questions on how to help in the communities with the VFW. Please contact her.
Please see contact section for our service officerâ€™s information to help you with claims.
Please check out our section in resources tab, or select the info button at bottom of this message. That will take you to links with the VA. Here you can see what is offered in our area va for helping veterans you may run across that are indeed homeless.
Flag Day in the United states is celebrated on June 14 of each year. It commemorates the adoption of the Flag of the United States June 14, 1777 By resolution of the second continental congress.
REMEMBERING: POW/MIA through out our countries history we have had many wars and conflicts. During each we have POW's and MIA's this month we remember those still on watch, and waiting to come home.
Born from the fields of WWI, the buddy poppy came to symbolize the lives lost during that war. At the VFW we hand out these flowers to remind those around us of sacrifices made by not only those veterans of that war, but of those from current day. Routinely we will hold fund raisers, under the buddy poppy for funds to benefit veterans and there families.
Coming home doesn't mean the battle is over. With over 10 times the amount of veterans lost to suicide than to combat operations in the same time period, there has never been a more important time to TAKE A STAND and DO something to support our veterans!! If you or someone you know is suffering from PTSD, we have people that have shared a similar experience and are ready to help.
Join now to start volunteering, or just to come by and talk to fellow veterans, OR come by and volunteer for future projects. Join the VFW by showing proof of service on your dd214 or paystub showing hostile fire pay. Join the auxiliary by showing the same information for your spouse or a direct relative. Thank you to all that continued to ask the simple question.... Do you want to JOIN?
Welcome to VFW Post 680We are non smoking with an enclosed smoking area for those that wish. The rest of the facility is non smoking. We are now in the process of replacing the cameras and hard drive system. come in and see your post with all the new paint and tile.
- Look at our calendar for a list of events upcoming to attend. Also check out our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pg/VFWPost680/posts/
- Please update your email with the Post adjutant, or Quartermaster. As we try to get information out to the masses. Phones, emails, social media, and other wise, we need the most accurate information we can get for you so you can keep up to speed on your Post.
- DIST 10 will be holding ALL FUTURE meetings at the post. Please, Members please come by and let the District hear your voice from all of District 10.
- AUXILIARY If interested in joining the Auxiliary contact the President Claudia Humphrey, or come in and grab a Membership from the canteen area. The Auxiliary meets the 2nd Sunday of each month at 2pm.
- The VFW now has a link on Facebook for the VFW magazine copy and paste the link below to your Facebook and take a look. https://www.facebook.com/VFWmagazine
- Zoom links are being sent out via email now. Please, ensure email address is up to date. These will be set up for our mtg on the third Tuesday of each month.Stay Informed and watch the site calendar for important dates and times you may need to know about.
...we want to welcome today's military service members into our ranks to become part of our elite group.
WWII, Korean War, Vietnam War, Persian Gulf War, Kosovo, War in Afghanistan, War in Iraq, War on Global Terror and other Peace-Keeping Expeditionary Campaigns throughout the globe.
In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
The willingness of America's veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude.
Ask not what your country can do for you, ask you can do for your country.