If you are displaying a flag at home, please remember to place your flag at half staff this day. Post membership and Auxiliary will be placing of Flags on our veterans Graves, please watch the calendar for date and time.
Election results are in for 2019-2020. Post Cdr. Nicole Horseman, Senior Vice Adam Thoroughgood, JR Vice Brian Fultz, Quartermaster Tom Horseman, Chaplain William van Sant, 1yr trustee John Medina, 2yr trustee David Pike, 3yr trustee Jody Roberts, Adjutant Ros Cox, Service officer Howard Smith, Assistant Service officer Donna Cornett.
A heads up we are doing some post renovations. From painting to tile work to adding a outdoor smoking area out front. Stay tuned for pictures, and opportunities to volunteer to help make the post better for you!
Please check out our section in resources tab, or select the info button at bottom of this message. That will take you to links with the VA. Here you can see what is offered in our area va for helping veterans you may run across that are indeed homeless.
REMEMBERING: POW/MIA through out our countries history we have had many wars and conflicts. During each we have POW's and MIA's this month we remember those still on watch, and waiting to come home.
We have a sponsored team they rotate. However every Wednesday we have teams here. Come out Wednesday nights at the post starting at 7pm.
Born from the fields of WWI, the buddy poppy came to symbolize the lives lost during that war. At the VFW we hand out these flowers to remind those around us of sacrifices made by not only those veterans of that war, but of those from current day. Routinely we will hold fund raisers, under the buddy poppy for funds to benefit veterans and there families.
Coming home doesn't mean the battle is over. With over 10 times the amount of veterans lost to suicide than to combat operations in the same time period, there has never been a more important time to TAKE A STAND and DO something to support our veterans!! If you or someone you know is suffering from PTSD, we have people that have shared a similar experience and are ready to help.
Join now to start volunteering, or just to come by and talk to fellow veterans, OR come by and volunteer for future projects. We had a huge membership month in March, that put us at 103.58% in renewals and new memberships. Thank you to all that continued to ask the simple question.... Do you want to JOIN?
Welcome to VFW Post 680.
- OUR NEXT MEMBERS MEETING WILL BE ON MAY 21 at 630 pm.
- Please update your email with the Post adjutant, or Quartermaster. As we try to get information out to the masses. Phones, emails, social media, and other wise, we need the most accurate information we can get for you so you can keep up to speed on your Post.
- DIST 10 will be holding ALL FUTURE meetings at the post on May 19 at or around 12. Please, Members please come by and let the District hear your voice.
- CVMA meets at the post the second Saturday of Each month at 11 am.
- Our Police citizenship awards will be awarded on April 27 at a Formal dinner at the Post, all Members are invited and encouraged to attend as we have invited guest speakers from Andy Bars office and the Governor.
- We have forwarded a package
- AUXILIARY for Post 680 has been approved and all the officers were installed on Saturday January 26. If interested in joining the Auxiliary contact the President Claudia Humphrey, or come in and grab a Membership from the canteen area. We are very excited about this as we move forward, to have our volunteers under the Auxiliary flag for the VFW.
- This spring we will have a project at a veterans home. The wrecking crew is currently looking into the details. It will entail cleaning and possibly a ramp build, for a visually impaired veteran. Updates coming in the next month on to when and where.
- The VFW now has a link on Facebook for the VFW magazine copy and paste the link below to your facebook and take a look. https://www.facebook.com/VFWmagazine/Stay Informed and watch the site calander for important dates and times you may need to know about.
...we want to welcome today's military service members into our ranks to become part of our elite group.
WWII, Korean War, Vietnam War, Persian Gulf War, Kosovo, War in Afghanistan, War in Iraq, War on Global Terror and other Peace-Keeping Expeditionary Campaigns throughout the globe.
Patriotism consists not in waving the flag, but in striving that our country shall be righteous as well as strong.
On the battlefield, the military pledges to leave no soldier behind. As a Nation, let it be our pledge that when they return home, we leave no veteran behind.
The willingness of America's veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude.
NEW YORK - UNTUCKit, one of the fastest-growing retail brands in the United States, announced today the launch of the Chase Elliot...