The unmet needs program is used for short term relief with bills for veterans. Click on the following link for the application. You will need to send a copy of your DD214, as proof of service. If you need help come to your local post, and we can help order it. The program pays the bill directly to your account. It cannot be used for paying credit cards, or personal bills, but is used for items such as rent, electricity and power bills.