Post CDR Jody Roberts, Quartermaster: Nicole Horseman, sSenior vice CDR: Brian Fultz, Junior Vice CDR: Ryan Adkins. FY 2021/2022
Please check out our section in resources tab, or select the info button at bottom of this message. That will take you to links with the VA. Here you can see what is offered in our area va for helping veterans you may run across that are indeed homeless.
Flag Day in the United states is celebrated on June 14 of each year. It commemorates the adoption of the Flag of the United States June 14, 1777 By resolution of the second continental congress.
REMEMBERING: POW/MIA through out our countries history we have had many wars and conflicts. During each we have POW's and MIA's this month we remember those still on watch, and waiting to come home.
POOL LEAGUE IS SUSPENDED UNTIL THE COVID EMERGENCY DECLARATION IS OVER......We have a sponsored team they rotate. However every Wednesday we have teams here. Come out Wednesday nights at the post starting at 7pm.
Born from the fields of WWI, the buddy poppy came to symbolize the lives lost during that war. At the VFW we hand out these flowers to remind those around us of sacrifices made by not only those veterans of that war, but of those from current day. Routinely we will hold fund raisers, under the buddy poppy for funds to benefit veterans and there families.
Coming home doesn't mean the battle is over. With over 10 times the amount of veterans lost to suicide than to combat operations in the same time period, there has never been a more important time to TAKE A STAND and DO something to support our veterans!! If you or someone you know is suffering from PTSD, we have people that have shared a similar experience and are ready to help.
Join now to start volunteering, or just to come by and talk to fellow veterans, OR come by and volunteer for future projects. We are currently at 93.01%, far behind last year, mostly due to the Covid emergency declaration we haven’t had to recruit this spring. As things start to open back up watch for volunteer opportunities to come help talk to fellow veterans about the post. Thank you to all that continued to ask the simple question.... Do you want to JOIN?
Welcome to VFW Post 680We are non smoking with an inclosed smoking area for those that wish. The rest of the facility is non smoking. We are now in the process of replacing the cameras and hard drive system.
come in and see your post with all the new paint and tile.
- Please update your email with the Post adjutant, or Quartermaster. As we try to get information out to the masses. Phones, emails, social media, and other wise, we need the most accurate information we can get for you so you can keep up to speed on your Post.
- DIST 10 will be holding ALL FUTURE meetings at the post on ............. Please, Members please come by and let the District hear your voice from all of District 10.
- CVMA meets at the post the second Saturday of Each month at 11 am.
- AUXILIARY If interested in joining the Auxiliary contact the President Claudia Humphrey, or come in and grab a Membership from the canteen area.
- The VFW now has a link on Facebook for the VFW magazine copy and paste the link below to your facebook and take a look. https://www.facebook.com/VFWmagazineStay Informed and watch the site calendar for important dates and times you may need to know about.
...we want to welcome today's military service members into our ranks to become part of our elite group.
WWII, Korean War, Vietnam War, Persian Gulf War, Kosovo, War in Afghanistan, War in Iraq, War on Global Terror and other Peace-Keeping Expeditionary Campaigns throughout the globe.
You were not alone over there. You are not alone now. There are 20
million veterans who would give their lives for you. Please don't take
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers. For he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother. - William Shakespeare