FY 2022/2023 Brian Fultz posy CDR, Justin Holland jr vice cdr, Jesse Quasede jr vice cdr, Nicole Horseman QM, Kim Fultz Chaplain.
Calander of events for national VFW copy and paste the link in your browser. https://vfworg-cdn.azureedge.net/-/media/VFWSite/Files/Media-and-Events/Events/VFW-Planning-Calendar.pdf?v=1&d=20220405T211139Z
Please watch our calander for upcoming parades in Scott Fayette, or jessamine counties, that we are participating in. So you and your family may attend and March with us.
We I‚Äôll be participating in and supporting the VA 5k again this year. This is a fall event, so stay tuned for further info on both Facebook and the calendar here for updates.
Check out our resources tab for short history‚Äôs on each branches inception.
Please check out our section in resources tab, or select the info button at bottom of this message. That will take you to links with the VA. Here you can see what is offered in our area va for helping veterans you may run across that are indeed homeless.
Flag Day in the United states is celebrated on June 14 of each year. It commemorates the adoption of the Flag of the United States June 14, 1777 By resolution of the second continental congress.
REMEMBERING: POW/MIA through out our countries history we have had many wars and conflicts. During each we have POW's and MIA's this month we remember those still on watch, and waiting to come home.
Born from the fields of WWI, the buddy poppy came to symbolize the lives lost during that war. At the VFW we hand out these flowers to remind those around us of sacrifices made by not only those veterans of that war, but of those from current day. Routinely we will hold fund raisers, under the buddy poppy for funds to benefit veterans and there families.
Coming home doesn't mean the battle is over. With over 10 times the amount of veterans lost to suicide than to combat operations in the same time period, there has never been a more important time to TAKE A STAND and DO something to support our veterans!! If you or someone you know is suffering from PTSD, we have people that have shared a similar experience and are ready to help.
Join now to start volunteering, or just to come by and talk to fellow veterans, OR come by and volunteer for future projects. Join the VFW by showing proof of service on your dd214 or paystub showing hostile fire pay. Join the auxiliary by showing the same information for your spouse or a direct relative. Thank you to all that continued to ask the simple question.... Do you want to JOIN?
Welcome to VFW Post 680We are non smoking with an inclosed smoking area for those that wish. The rest of the facility is non smoking. We are now in the process of replacing the cameras and hard drive system.
come in and see your post with all the new paint and tile.
- Look at our calendar for a list of events upcoming to attend. Also check out our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pg/VFWPost680/posts/
- The post is preplanning for 2022 golf scramble to be held in September. If you have donations or items for awards and raffle. Please contact the post or drop them off at the post. There will be hole sponsorship available.
- Please update your email with the Post adjutant, or Quartermaster. As we try to get information out to the masses. Phones, emails, social media, and other wise, we need the most accurate information we can get for you so you can keep up to speed on your Post.
- DIST 10 will be holding ALL FUTURE meetings at the post on ............. Please, Members please come by and let the District hear your voice from all of District 10.
- CVMA meets at the post the second Saturday of Each month at 11 am.
- AUXILIARY If interested in joining the Auxiliary contact the President Claudia Humphrey, or come in and grab a Membership from the canteen area.
- The VFW now has a link on Facebook for the VFW magazine copy and paste the link below to your facebook and take a look. https://www.facebook.com/VFWmagazineStay Informed and watch the site calendar for important dates and times you may need to know about.
...we want to welcome today's military service members into our ranks to become part of our elite group.
WWII, Korean War, Vietnam War, Persian Gulf War, Kosovo, War in Afghanistan, War in Iraq, War on Global Terror and other Peace-Keeping Expeditionary Campaigns throughout the globe.
Patriotism consists not in waving the flag, but in striving that our country shall be righteous as well as strong.
The willingness of America's veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude.
In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.